Monday, June 25, 2012

Visit to an English country home.

Dawn Law, who organized this year’s festival had invited everyone staying over today to her home for tea. I asked Carol if I ought to take my camera and we decided for an afternoon tea we’d not. Occasionally I do something which turns out to be just incredibly stupid and this was one of them. Dawn and Tim live on a 30 acre farm in the countryside in a renovated barn. When I think of an English country home the image I conjure up is much like this. On the drive to and from the Laws we passed through old villages and beautiful countryside traveling on secondary roads totally unsuitable for a tour bus. As frosting on the cake Dawn has a magnificent collection of dolls featuring several Sashas and even studio and coarse dolls. Oh well there will be more days.

Tom

No comments: