Sunday, July 31, 2011

Introducing Sophia

Robert Burns famously wrote about the plans of mice and men. This little story only supports Burns’ view of the topic.

I’ve introduced you to Megan, my Parabox girl. The “plan” was to get a Parabox boy, Sean, to partner Megan and then to get my first resin girl, probably an Angel of dream.

Then fate intervened as it is wont to do and I had an opportunity to purchase a Volks SDCute doll, the new limited edition Gretel. I’ll let her tell her own story.

Sophia_01W

Hi everyone. I’m Sophia! Tom told me that my box said “Gretel”.All I can imagine is that it was a cruel joke played on me at the factory. Although I like fairy tales as much as the next girl, as you can see, I’m chic and contemporary and have little or nothing in common with the barefoot ragamuffin in the story.

Sophia-04W

Tom rescued me from my box and got me dressed but he had great difficulty getting my wig on correctly. The nice lady that won me in the Volks lottery sent him some makeshift head caps and now Tom has my wig all brushed out and I feel like me, the real me, not that Gretel person…

Tom back! Sophia is very different from my Megan. Megan is athletic and outdoorsy. Sophia is artistic and a bit more outgoing. Megan’s favorite musician is Allen Jackson; Sophia’s is Joshua Bell. I was afraid that they might not get along but somehow it’s all working out. Now we’ll see what happens when I throw a boy into the mix.    I’m still planning to get Sean but now I understand better just how ephemeral such plans are….

Tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is quite, quite perfect, Tom. I'm so very glad that the two of you got together.

Cheers
Vicki