Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day–3–Across the Snowy Mountains

Today the plan was to drive I-80 from Rock Springs, WY to Ogallala, NE and find something to do there. Since we had lots of time we stopped at Fort Fred Steele Historic site which is just off I-80 so wouldn’t take too much time.

Day-03-035W

Reconstructed Schoolhouse behind ruins on Officer’s Row.

On our way out we stopped and talked to the Ranger who suggested we drive WY Rt 130 through the Snowy Mountains and rejoin I-80 at Laramie so we did.

Day-03-076W

Lake Marie near the summit of the Snowy Mountains. The highway summit is 10,800 ft. Dropping down out of the Snowys we followed the North Fork of the Little Laramie River.

Day-03-112W

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Makes me want to dig out my DVD set of "How The West Was Won" later today. Not the most PC movie ever made, but still an epic motion picture.

Sasharocks said...

Awesome pictures. Enjoyed them so much!