Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Alaska Cruise–Day 0

A brief note of explanation.  We’re actually home from this cruise but I had no internet access while on the ship so I had to wait ‘til we got home. Several readers of this blog asked for me ton post it one day at a time so that’s what I’ll do. Enjoy!

After checking out of the hotel we took a cab to the cruise ship dock at pier 91. The check in procedure goes really well. We had lunch at the buffet and it was really good. We’ll likely eat there a lot. We’re learning our way around the ship. I got some pretty good photos of the Seattle skyline when we pulled out. I was looking forward to getting some photos of the Olympic Mountains when we sailed past but there’s so much smoke in the air that you can’t hardly see the skyline that way. Anyway, we’re well underway. I hope tomorrow is clearer so I can get some photos of Vancouver Island.

Day-0-48W

Seattle Skyline

Day-0-34W

The iconic Space Needle

Day-0-51W

A Washington State ferry and Seattle container port.

We’re off.

Tom

No comments: