Saturday, June 16, 2018

We're off again :)

This is our first night out and we're in Sandpoint, ID which is on Lake Pend Oreille.

A needlessly stressful day. We have a new GPS unit and I Have the whole trip programmed into it. Our old GPS showed distance remaining, time remaining and ETA. This new one just shows ETA and to my dismay it was showing an ETA corresponding with 9 1/2 hours of driving time. I had planned for 7 1/4 hours and I was totally dumbfounded by that extra 2 1/4 hours and I feared I'd messed up the plan and set us up for a dauntingly long driving day but instead of 5:20 we arrived at 2:50 so we were fine. Apparently it was giving us our arrival time at Bloomington. Our hotel is right on the lake but the wind was blowing at 40mph or so. When I was out trying to take pictures I had to literally hang onto my hat or I'd have lost it into the lake.

Tom

Photo of the day...


No comments: