Saturday, July 16, 2016

Welcome to Utah

Actually we’re in Idaho tonight but I didn’t get a welcome to Idaho sign. This one is at the Echo Welcome Center as you enter Utah Southbound from Wyoming.

Set-23-01W

I love this welcome center. We’ve driven this road, in this direction several times and I always try to stop here just to drink in the beauty of the location.

Set-23-16W

This valley is a significant transportation corridor. Besides I-80, the Union Pacific main rail line comes through here. Driving down from Wyoming we met 4 trains on these tracks. Here an engine pulling a string of boxcars climbs the grade up to Evanston.

Set-23-11W

This is our last night on the road. Tomorrow we’ll be home and we’re both ready.

I hope you’ve enjoyed following our travels.

Tom & Carol

1 comment:

Ludwig said...

Thank you for letting me hitchhike along! It was great!