Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Tale of Woe….

First of all, apologies for not getting started with this a couple of days ago but somehow, days have been hectic and I’ve not gotten to my blog…

Two days ago we were in Vermont seeing the things we expected to see there.

Set-02-017W

Set-02-108W

Anyway, late in the afternoon I was trying to get a photo of a little waterfall and there were branches in the way so I needed to get out into the creek a bit. There were nice solid and flat rocks to stand on so no problem, I can do that except on of them was a bot wet. Foot slipped and I ended up in the creek with my camera 8” underwater. Oops! The photo wasn’t even that great…

Set-02-135W

We dried if off as best we could and it seemed to be working OK except the next morning I had condensation inside the lens so all those pix were bad. By the afternoon it seemed OK again

Set-03-086W

but most of this trip we’ll be in Newfoundland where there won’t be easy access to camera shops so we detoured through Portland, ME and I picked up a new camera. It’s not a full frame sensor like my D700 but it has some features not on the D700 that I wanted. Today we crossed over into New Brunswick, Canada and I started getting to know it. So far so good.

Set_04-18W

Set-04-39W

Set_04-74W

Today we’ll be in Nova Scotia….

Tom

1 comment:

Linda G. said...

I love that covered bridge picture. Sorry about your camera falling in the water (you too).